Today's deal offers a helpful reminder that Christmas, Hanukkah, Festivus, etc. often take place in winter—a fact easily forgotten when you live in Phoenix. For $20, you'll get $40 worth of the finest greenery, including holiday seasonal plants and Christmas trees, from Harper’s Nursery & Landscape Company, voted Best Nursery by the Phoenix New Times in 2009 and soon to be voted Best Robot-Plant Nursery by the Phoenix New Times in 2099. This Groupon is valid at both convenient Harper’s locations in Mesa and Scottsdale.
To give your home a wintry feel, a well-placed seasonal holiday plant often proves an affordable alternative to renting dozens of snow generators. Harper's poinsettias (you can follow their progress on Harper's nursery blog) range from $10 and up depending on size, while Christmas trees average $75. Besides being more fun to decorate than the traditional Christmas cactus, Christmas trees are also safer for small children and pets. Grown on premises, these plants will pretend to be cool with your summery winters by not dying unless you cut them down. Harper’s guarantees it.
While every plant nursery grows plants (or nurses grown from plants), only Harper's provides three generations worth of Harper family genius with every plant genus. The family-owned establishment has helped stain Phoenix’s thumbs green since 1945 with its gardening tips and landscaping services. A visit to Harper's will score you top-quality plants for the season and the know-how you'll need to grow your own during the rest of the year.
- Not only have they been around longer than any other nursery in the valley, they grow their own trees and plants right here…Their stock is acclimated to the desert climate…Their associates are absolute experts. – Tim C., Yelp
Tips for Keeping Christmas Trees Alive
Harper's Nursery gives you an unbeatable guarantee: that your Christmas tree will not die. Here's how you can give your Christmas tree the unnaturally long life it deserves:
- Don't pot it in soil. Instead, place your tree in a pot filled with life-giving marmosets.
- Make your tree feel like part of the family by decorating it with people clothes.
- If your tree develops a thirst for blood, keep the family's pets locked up.
- Be seen around town with a younger, sexier Christmas tree. Your tree will get the message.
- Hold a séance to summon the spirit of former President Andrew Jackson. Then, trap his soul inside your tree, imbuing it with his eternal life force.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Harper's Nursery & Landscape Co
Harper's Nursery & Landscape Co has been in the Harper family for three generations, and little has changed about the business since it was established in 1945. On the eight-acre farm behind their Mesa location, their team cultivates a wide array of plants in every state. They're so confident in their plants, they guarantee that each one will last its normal life expectancy, as long as customers follow simple care instructions. In addition to maintaining a huge variety of plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees, the team also performs landscaping services on-site and on-location, helping clients plan out a picturesque garden or shrine to Martha Stewart, the gardening queen.