Unlike staying in your parents’ basement, lodging in an inn includes housekeeping, clean towels, and permission to watch the scary parts of Home Alone. Luxuriate in liberty with today’s Groupon to Harpole’s Heartland Lodge in Nebo. Choose from the following options:
- For $259, you get a retreat package for two, valid Sunday–Thursday from December–February (up to a $594 value).
- For $259, you get a retreat package for two, valid Sunday–Thursday from March–April (up to a $594 value).
- For $297, you get a retreat package for two, valid Friday and Saturday night from December–February (up to a $594 value).
- For $297, you get a retreat package for two, valid Friday and Saturday night from March–April (up to a $594 value).
Each package includes:
- Two-night stay in a standard room (a $190 value)
- Choice of any two of the following activities for two:
- One hour of ATV riding (a $40 value/person)
- One hour of horseback riding (a $30 value/person)
- Clay-shooting package (up to a $101 value/person) including:
- One hour of shooting (a $40 value/person)
- Gun rental (a $25 value/person)
- Shells (a $36 value/person) Located about 80 miles or a 90-minute drive from downtown St. Louis, nestled in the rolling hills of the Mississippi River Valley, the luxurious Harpole’s Heartland Lodge creates a countryside getaway that sends visitors hiking, riding, and rolling across more than 1,200 acres of open land. The [lodge](http://gr.pn/uF7imx), the only [Orvis-endorsed wingshooting lodge](http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?dir_id=22592&group_id=3020&cat_id=14935&subject=313) in Illinois or Missouri, surrounds guests in rustic comforts that include stone fireplaces and supple leather upholstery. The door to each of 11 regular [rooms](http://gr.pn/stOnHK) opens on two extra-long twin beds, a private bathroom, plush towels, and, like the animals in _Peter and the Wolf_, its own unique theme. Target smashers can turn on their hand-eye coordination on the 15-station [sport-clays](http://gr.pn/syIWIp) course, which simulates hunting situations including mallards in flight, rabbits racing across a field, and rubber duckies plotting to unstop the pond drain. [ATVs](http://gr.pn/slzqyh) power through more than 30 miles of off-road trails as passengers bump and fly through forests, creeks, and prairies, whereas riders on [horseback](http://gr.pn/tfJ3IZ) take in the views with glimpses of wildlife such as whitetail deer and quail frolicking in their natural environs. After hours of exhilaration, guests can relax with a calming walk through wooded trails and up hillsides to watch birds or practice for upcoming yodeling competitions. Guests coming up from St. Louis along Missouri Route 79 can enjoy a stunning view of the mighty Mississippi before crossing the border at Louisiana.