Trained guides school guests on safety before leading paddlers part-way down the Harrison River, pointing out historical sites and wildlife
About This Deal
- What’s included: kayak rental and guided tour
- By appointment
- Departure location: meet the guide at the office located inside the lobby of the Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa at 100 Esplanade Ave.
- What to bring: clothing appropriate to the weather as tours are operating rain or shine
- Valid May 1st to September 30th
- Children 12 and up are welcome on all tours in a tandem kayak with an adult. We do not recommend that children under the age of 16 attempt the tour in single kayaks.
- Please note: all children under 16 must have a parent or guardian with them at all times, and a signed waiver form is required for all participants. Staff may request that a parent or guardian accompany a child in a tandem kayak at their discretion.
- There is a maximum capacity of 325 lbs / 147kg for the 120s, and 350 lbs / 159kg for the 140s. Cockpits are 22” / 56cm wide in both models.
Need To Know
About Harrison Eco Tours
The kayakers' paddles dip silently into the placid waters of the Harrison River, their very presence amid the verdant wilderness dwarfed by the mountains looming overhead. Just as one kayaker opens his mouth to speak, the guide motions for him to remain silent as she points to the sunny shore, where an assembly of seals has gathered to bask in the warm rays.
Founded with the goal of granting visitors access to the pristine surroundings and rich history of the Harrison Hot Springs area, Harrison Eco Tours cultivates unforgettable interactions with nature thanks to their expertly trained guides and unique lineup of tours. The company's guides pride themselves on their encyclopedic knowledge of all things Harrison—from local tales to area geography to the flora and fauna that populate the terrain—which enables them to provide entertaining and insightful commentary throughout each tour. Excursions in heated jet boats speed past the jaw-dropping vistas of Fraser Canyon and Kilby, and paddling outings in kayaks facilitate relaxed jaunts down Harrison River. Visitors can witness critters up close with a selection of wildlife-sighting excursions, such as the popular Winter Eagle tour wherein passengers armed with binoculars scour the horizon seeking close-up views of the bald eagles' soaring wingspans and miniature powdered wigs.