During the online course, an experienced bartender teaches the students about techniques used in mixology
About This Deal
- The course focuses on bartending skills, popular liqueurs, and mixing the flavors.
- Age restrictions: must be 18 or older
- Type of communication: Zoom
- About the instructor: bartender with over 20 years of experience
- What may be needed:
- Groceries: a lemon, lime, orange, sugar, cranberry juice, orange juice, and sour mix/lemonade
- Drinkware/Utensils: a cutting board, cocktail or regular glasses, muddler and a shot glass/jigger and a strainer, a knife; access to two stores and pours is recommended but not necessary
- Recommended liquors: vodka, silver tequila, aromatic bitters, and whiskey
Need To Know
About Harvard Bartending Course
For more than 25 years, Benjamin Stoller has shaken cocktails and perfected the foam-to-brew ratio in a pint glass. He shares his insider knowledge during fun, hands-on classes taught at the Queen's Head Pub inside Harvard's historic Memorial Hall. Courses focus on the art of mixology, or crafting inspired cocktails with balanced ratios of liquor, mixers, and paper umbrellas. They also delve into specialized skills such as how to present drinks and the history behind specific spirits.
Participants can learn to make:
- Old Fashioned
- Vodka Gimlet
- and more!