Chef Ramon designs modern interpretations of classic dishes, such as brick-oven pizza topped with beef picadillo and piquillo pepper
About This Deal
Choose from Four Options
- $35.10 for a Cuban dinner for two, valid Monday through Wednesday (up to $78 value)
- $67.50 for a Cuban dinner for four, valid Monday through Wednesday (up to $156 value)
- $46.80 for a Cuban dinner for two, valid any day of the week (up to $78 value)
- $75.60 for a Cuban dinner for four, valid any day of the week (up to $156 value)
Dinner begins at 4 p.m. every day.
Each pair receives:
- One appetizer (up to a $14 value)
- One entree (up to a $22 value)
- Two glasses of sangria (up to a $16 value)
About Havana Cafe
On a Bronx street lined with Italian restaurants, one façade stands out—the one with a streetside bar under a shady awning, and a dense gathering of exotic plants and excited diners. This façade belongs to Havana Cafe, which the 2013 and 2014 Michelin Guide honored with a Bib Gourmand award recognizing the inspectors’ favorites for good value. PIX-11 confirmed the restaurant's status as a neighborhood staple during a 2011 Bronx Restaurant Week profile, noting that it’s “become famous fast for serving great food in a welcoming atmosphere.”
Smells of Cuban and Latin-American cooking spill out from an intimate dining room, and, in the kitchen, a custom brick oven burns through shovelfuls of bricks under the direction of Chef Ramon Perez. Chef Ramon designs modern interpretations of classic dishes, resulting in cultural collisions such as brick-oven pizza topped with beef picadillo and piquillo peppers. Straightforward renditions of Latin flavors abound as well, in the form of adobo-rubbed shrimp, churrasco-style grilled steaks, and sides and sauces made with tropical produce such as plantains, mango, and yuca.
When cool weather forces the french doors closed, groups snuggle up with their mojitos in leather-cushioned chairs beneath brick pillars and exposed rafters. Behind plush red banquettes, murals commemorate a hazy Cuban past lined with shiny classic cars and balconies leaning convivially over narrow city streets.