Falconry classes let participants learn about and handle hawks, falcons, owls and eagles, even flying the magnificent birds from their arm
About This Deal
- This falconry experience lets participants spend time with flying birds of prey in an intimate, small-group setting. Each person gets the chance to have a hawk fly from and land on their arm, as well as learn about owls, falcons, and eagles on the 10-acre outdoor facility.
- Average Duration of Services: one hour
- Clients should dress for the weather including appropriate footwear since the services are provided outside
- Sessions are offered Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays.
- Age restrictions: younger than 18 must have a guardian-signed waiver.
- Subject to weather. Observers not permitted, all attendees must purchase a session.
#####Hawkeye.ca’s COVID-19 Precautions
- The offices will re-open on June 22. According to Ontario’s List of Essential Workplaces, the business is considered essential.
- Falconry experience will be available with social distancing precautions.
- Technicians work alone and do not require personal contact with the client. At any time the contact is required, the business implements extensive safety protocols.
- Note that state and local guidelines are changing regularly. Please check Hawkeye.ca’s website or contact them for their latest guidelines.
Need To Know
During his time as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, Dan Frankian experienced a world of new experiences, but the most impactful was falconry. Dan was befriended by a foreign dignitary and part-time falconer, which allowed his interest in birds of prey to expand into full-blown dedication. He eventually began to study under a Master Falconer, where he could prioritize his education and training.
Now, at his bird control and Falconry business, Hawkeye.ca, Dan offers an up close and personal experience with magnificent birds. He teaches participants about the characteristics of hawks, falcons, owls, and eagles, delving into topics like each bird's anatomy and hunting techniques. So majestic are these creatures, that the birds and Dan's facility have been used by film studios, including an appearance on the set of Harry Potter. During a Falconry experience, participants get to witness the marvels firsthand, flying and calling one of the birds from their very own arm.