Mark Twain once called golf a good walk spoiled, due to the then-popular misconception that if you left a beautiful golf course out in the sun, it would fester and burst. Chip away at his ignorance with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for an 18-hole round of golf for two with a cart rental (a $98 value)
- $199 for a driving-range membership, valid for unlimited range tokens through the 2013 season (a $399 value)
Hawk's Landing Country Club
Measuring 5,825 yards from the farthest tees, Hawk's Landing Country Club's 18-hole, par 70 golf course doesn't require extreme length off the tee—but it does demand accuracy. Dense groves of trees squeeze nearly every fairway and green, and water hazards lure errant golf balls and thirsty golf carts on seven holes. On the 5th and 6th holes—two midlength par 4s—and the par 5 hole 17, golfers must exercise caution on both their drives and approach shots to avoid peripheral waterways that run along the length of the fairways. After carefully working around ponds and streams throughout the course, the 18th hole brings the round to a fitting end: a 190-yard par 3 where tee shots must somersault directly over a water hazard stationed right in front of the green. Before rounds, golfers can warm up their swings at the club's grass-tee driving range or sign misbehaving short irons up for a lesson at Hawk's Landing's golf academy.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 70 course
- Length of 5,825 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 68.6 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 124 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options