Staying motivated while running a marathon is easiest with months of intense training, extreme concentration, and a chatty leopard trailing behind you. Put mind over matter with today's Groupon for one entry to The North Face Endurance Challenge on August 27 and August 28. Choose from the following registration options:
• For $15, you get one entry to the 5K race on Sunday, August 28 at 8 a.m. (a $30 value).
• For $20, you get one entry to the 10K race on Sunday, August 28 at 7:30 a.m. (a $40 value).
• For $32, you get one entry to the half-marathon on Sunday, August 28 at 7 a.m. (a $65 value).
• For $37, you get one entry to the marathon on Saturday, August 27 at 7 a.m. (a $75 value).
• For $37, you get one entry to the 50K race on Saturday, August 27 at 6 a.m. (a $75 value).
• For $100, you get one team entry to the marathon relay, valid for up to four people, on Saturday, August 27 at 7 a.m. (a $200 value).
Runners may purchase two Groupons to participate in one race on each day. All participants must register online before August 18. Packet pickup will be hosted at Frank A. Theis Park on Friday, August 26 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The North Face Endurance Challenge transforms Kansas City's urban landscape into a scenic and hilly road race that stretches for distances up to 50 kilometers. Beginning and ending at Frank A. Theis Park, each course varies by distance, slinking through local landmarks such as the University of Missouri–Kansas City campus, Kansas City's historic Westport District, and Lewis and Clark's greatest engineering feat: the Missouri River. Prior to raceday, each entrant receives a bevy of free athlete-exhilarating gear including a medal, water bottle, T-shirt, bib, timing chip, and a note of encouragement written by their 5-year-old selves. For going the extra distance, 50K and marathon runners can stave off hunger pains with a complimentary meal ticket. After the race, allow lungs and rubber soles to recover at the Finish Line Festival, where music, expo booths, refreshments, and an athlete meet-and-greet with Dean Karnazes awaits freshly minted pavement-pounding champions. Check out the official participant guide for a full schedule of the weekend's events, plus detailed route directions and packet pickup instructions.
Volker Blvd. and Oak St.
Kansas City, Missouri 64112Get Directions