All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
June 17, 2013
What You'll Get
Before the Internet, elegant dining establishments suffered from tycoon infestations, resulting in linens littered with monocles, entryways blocked with dollar-sign sacks, and silken top hats shed on the carpet. Eat an upscale meal for the common man with today's deal: for $20, you get $40 worth of fine dining at Hawks Restaurant, an elegant eatery in Granite Bay that has been featured in Edible Sacramento.
When viewed with the human eye under the optical window of the electromagnetic spectrum, Hawks' menu can cause hunger, impatience, and salivation. Sink your canines into meaty goodness with the house-made charcuterie plate, which encompasses all of the meat group's meat groups (soppressata, pate, rillette, and ciccioli, $16). Rustle through the main courses for a farm-to-feast entree such as the St. John heritage pork duo with local figs, arugula, and Riesling mustard jus ($30), or the wild Alaskan halibut with delta asparagus and butter beans, garnished with sauce romesco ($32). For a more burgery meal, try the Hawks Burger, which adorns the classic patty with over-under bun barrels and special picked cucumbers, served with a side of french-fried potato filets ($12). Or, have a beef with your stomach and devour an order of slow-roasted short rib, served with summer vegetables, potato rosit, and red wine jus ($28).
Not valid on major holidays. Call ahead to make a reservation.
Hawks was awarded a five-star dining review by the Sacramento News & Review. The restaurant was also favorably reviewed by Sacramento magazine and the blog Vanilla Garlic. More than 60 Yelpers give Hawks an average of four stars. Nearly 100 OpenTable reviewers give it a 4.5-star average, and Gayot gives it a 14/20 rating. Seventy-seven percent of more than 180 Urbanspooners recommend it.
- One unusually pleasing aspect of our meal was the service, which was precisely correct (plates and utensils cleared in unison at every course) without being overly formal. Touches like this, the heavy linens and spacious but intimate tables bespoke a pleasing attention to detail and to diners’ comfort. – Kate Washington, Sacramento News & Review
- This was a best-meal-ever food coma. – Garrett, Vanilla Garlic
- The cool blue-grays, velvet-swathed bench seats and glistening chandelier are a world apart from its competitors. – Gayot
- We had absolutely outstanding service with a perfectly prepared and served gourmet dinner. All five of us were VERY IMPRESSED. – OpenTable reviewer who dined on 06/26/2010
- This place is fabulous - setting, service and food. Everything we had was spectacular, starting with the meat (charcuterie) tray, with housemade salami, sausages and pates. – Sharon M., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 30, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 add'l as gift. Limit 1 per table, 2 per table of 6 or more. Must use in 1 visit. No cash back. Not valid on major holidays. Not valid with other offers. Reservation required. No cash back. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.