Like most modern conflicts, the rivalry between soft and hard tacos will not end until one side gets eaten by a bear. Broker a culinary truce with today's Groupon to Haydee’s Restaurant. This Groupon is valid at the locations on Georgia Avenue and Mount Pleasant Street. Choose between the following options:
- For $20, you get a Mexican dinner for two (a $40 value), which includes the following:
- Chicken and steak fajitas for two (a $25 value)
- Two margaritas (a $15 value)
- For $25, you get a Mexican dinner for four (a $50 value), which includes the following:
- A fiesta platter for four with nachos rancheros, chicken quesadillas, chicken taquitos, beef flautas, buffalo wings, and fried plantains (a $23.19 value)
- A pitcher of margaritas, which serves approximately five glasses (a $26.81 value)
Haydee’s crew of culinary artists gathers inspiration from the cuisines of Mexico and El Salvador, rolling and stuffing tortilla canvases into a feast of piquant meats and cheeses. Sizzling grilled chicken and steak fajitas erupt with green peppers, onions, and ripe red tomatoes. A trio of pico de gallo, fresh guacamole, and refried beans croon Latin lullabies over a bed of eight flour tortillas. The fiesta platter offers a greatest-hits collection of menu items, including nachos rancheros and buffalo wings that shower taste buds in a deluge of spice. Also on board are chicken taquitos and beef tacos, which, when freed from their meaty fillings, can double as margarita vessels.
A vibrant, festive atmosphere greets groups at Haydee’s Restaurant, with live music many nights of the week. Partygoers can shake full tummies on the dance floor, or ignite their own tunes at on karaoke Sundays.
In 1988, Haydee and Mario Vanegas realized their lifelong dream of owning and running their own restaurant. With Mario running the kitchen and Haydee manning the bar, the entrepreneurial duo share the flavors of Mexico through a menu that puts traditional fare, such as sizzling shrimp and steak fajitas, alongside American classics, such as buffalo wings. Live music plays throughout the week, a dance floor hosts leg-shakers, and Sunday karaoke sessions let crooners exhibit their golden pipes as they sing through a medley of all national anthems.