Mounted police opt for equine transportation so that they don’t have to deal with the squad car’s wailing thirst for gas and justice. Harness real horsepower with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $45 for either a private 60-minute trail ride for one or a 30-minute trail ride for two (an $80 value), with a 15-minute lesson for each person (a $27.50 value/person; up to a $135 total value)
- $45 for a 60-minute horseback-riding lesson for two (a $95 value)
- $55 for a 60-minute horseback-riding lesson for one (a $110 value)
- $55 for a 30-minute Christmas trail ride for two (a $110 value)
- $55 for a 60-minute Christmas trail ride for one (a $110 value) <p>
Guests can hit the open trail for a full hour alongside a seasoned instructor or split the hour in half to share with a friend. During riding lessons, instructors give one-on-one instruction to students; those who opt for a one-hour lesson for two will receive a 30-minute lesson for each person. Safety helmets and equipment are provided, but guests can bring their own. The Christmas trail ride includes an option 15-minute lesson before heading off to view several houses lit up with Christmas decorations.
Horse Healing Adventures
Horse Healing Adventures's instructor, certified by the American Horse Association for more than 20 years, imparts the basics of equestrianism to riders of all ages and skill levels. Five miles of scenic paths unfurl before riders during one-hour trail rides. Beginners' lessons, meanwhile, focus on horseback fundamentals, including grooming, saddling, and catching the horse. Rather than having students and steeds get comfortable with each other by trading diaries, the instructor pairs novice riders with training horses, each of which has been thoroughly schooled to be at ease with new students.