Customers get a chance to observe landmarks of Kansas City from bird’s-eye view or take an introductory helicopter flight lesson
About This Deal
- 12-Mile Downtown Kansas City Buildings and Plaza Tour includes a tour for up to three participants and views of 1KC, Bartle Hall, Boulevard Brewery, The Kaufman Performing Arts Center, Union Station, The Liberty Memorial, Children’s Mercy Hospital, Crown Center, Power & Light District, Sprint Center, City hall, KU Medical Center, Derek Thomas Academy, Westport, Saint Lukes Hospital, Nelson Atkins Museum as well as the Plaza
- Departure time: by appointment
- Weight limits for tours: 550 lbs. total
Down Town tours are scheduled to leave from the “925 NW Lou Holland Drive Kansas City, MO 65116” and the Flight instruction leaves from “13106 Rhodus Rd Excelsior Springs, MO 64024”
- What’s included in the Helicopter Flight Lesson:
- 30-minute helicopter orientation & preflight preparation
- 15 minutes of Robinson R22 flight time
- 15-minute post flight and debrief session
- Training from an FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Opportunity to ask questions and debrief after the flight
- Ground school introduces students to basic flying techniques, including how to properly preflight the aircraft.
- During flying lessons, students will have the chance to perform takeoff and do the majority of the flying, receiving help from the instructor for the landing.
- Logbooks record the experience, which counts toward a pilot’s license should students choose to pursue one.
- Weight limit: 215 lbs.
Height limit: 6’ 3’’
- Ground school is available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. by appointment
About Heartland Helicopters
Heartland Helicopters brings a fresh perspective to sightseeing, offering guests a unique, bird's-eye view of the landscape. Whether local to the area or visiting from out of town, surveying the land from above is sure to amaze.