Well-rounded golfers must master a variety of skills, including driving, reverse-putting, and suppressing the part of the brain that associates high scores with victory. Chip away at preconceived notions with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $36 for a golf outing for two (up to an $88 total value)
- $70 for a golf outing for four (up to a $168 total value)
- Each person receives an 18-hole round of golf and 75 range balls.
- Cart rental is also included, with two carts for the foursome.
Hejaz Shrine Golf Club
Reaching the top of one of the rolling hillocks on the 18-hole course at Hejaz Shrine Golf Club, champion bermuda grass forms an emerald pool on the green below. Tree leaves rustle in the breeze along the course, which was originally designed and built in 1960 by architect Russell F. Breeden. Play commences with a par 5 on the first hole, where golfers should avoid hitting into the bradford pear trees along the right side of the fairway or the National Museum of Expensive Stained-Glass Windows on the left. Water comes into play on half of the holes, including hole 15, a par 3 that hugs the banks of the Reedy River. Before calling it a day, players must conquer hole 18 with a tee shot that clears the large lake and an approach shot that flies over the bunkers guarding the front of the green.
All revenue brought in by Hejaz Shrine Golf Club supports the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, a part of the Shriners Organization, which helps children across the country receive free medical treatment. The private Hejaz Shrine Golf Club offers an opportunity to play for Groupon customers or memberships for those with a long-term interest in the game of golf.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,689 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 72.9 from the back tees
- Course slope of 130 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole