Golf is the most exciting of all outdoor sports, as it combines the frenetic pace of walking with the relentless intensity of overheard bird song. Get your heart pumping with this Groupon.
$179 for a one-year Associate Membership ($299 value)
- $35 for 18 holes with cart (April–October)
- $25 for 18 holes with cart (November–March)
- Half off above rates for walking (permitted Memorial Day–Labor Day after 11 a.m.; must follow member walking rules )
- 5% discount on all logo items
- Tee-time scheduling permitted two weeks in advance *Member-only events
- Value of Associate Membership may also be applied to the purchase of a different membership package
Hell's Point Golf Club
As cattails bob around the shores of glassy ponds, winds stir Virginia hardwoods and tall pines, under which deer can be seen prancing through knee-high grasses. These scenes play out every day at Hell's Point Golf Club, a Rees Jones–designed course set in the heart of the Back Bay Wildlife Refuge.
To the chagrin of slow-to-warm golfers and putters who stayed out late partying with pool cues, the second hole is the course's most difficult—a narrow, 462-yard par 4 that ends in a difficult-to-read, two-tiered green. Water hazards come into play on 10 subsequent holes, including two par 3s with a forced-carry tee shot and two par 4s with a cape-style dogleg that bends around a pond. Throughout the course, golfers must avoid Rees Jones's signature bunker complexes or be prepared to bribe the hazard with a novel sand-castle mold.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course designed by Rees Jones
- Course rating of 73.3 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 130 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options