$135 for a Southern fusion farm-to-table holiday meal for 10 ($180 value)
- Half-pan of deep-fried carved turkey
- Half-pan of Southern-style brown gravy
- Half-pan of sage stuffing
- Half-pan of local liberian greens or braised cabbage
- One dozen signature sweet-potato-and-kale biscuits
Herb & Soul
Herb & Soul chefs B. Taylor and David Thomas operate under a simple mantra with several implications. When they say their mission is to "feed the soul," they mean that their fried chicken, short ribs, and Georgia bread pudding are more than just items on the menu—they’re nourishing reminders of the home-cooked meals of childhood.
They also mean that they do their best to foster long-standing relationships with local farmers and stock their small, down-home establishment with organic produce, grass-fed meats, and sustainably sourced fish. Herb & Soul's support of sustainable agriculture benefits the environment as well, since the restaurant converts its waste into compost and recycles its oil on the kitchen’s slip 'n' slide.