- $12 for one adult ticket ($18 value)
- Admission is $8 for children ages 3–12 and free for younger children.
- See the museum hours to plan your visit.
In addition to the permanent attractions, guests get access to the current special exhibit: David Rogers’ Big Bugs, including 25-foot long ants, 17-foot dragonflies, and other normally-tiny critters formed from sustainably harvested forest materials.
Heritage Museums & Gardens
American history and culture stand proud against the botanical backdrop of a 100-acre estate at Heritage Museums & Gardens, where guests can unplug and relax in natural beauty. It first became a homestead in 1677, eventually being developed as a farm (where Heritage's world-renowned rhododendrons were first bred) and then, in 1969, opened to the public.
- Size: three gallery spaces and 100 acres of gardens and walking trails lined with about 3,500 species of plants, including numerous varieties of rhododendrons that bloom each spring
- Eye Catcher: Beautifully maintained New England flower gardens and water features.
- Permanent Mainstay: the American Art & Carousel Gallery's hand-carved carousel, completed by Charles Looff in 1908; unlimited rides are included with admission; The Heritage Collection, a newly reinstalled exhibit featuring American art and artifacts from Heritage’s collection of 12,000+ items.
- Special Exhibitions Gallery: The gallery building is a replica of the Revolutionary War–era Temple of Virtue where George Washington bestowed the first Purple Heart to a wounded soldier in Windsor, NY.
- Don't Miss: Driven to Collect's Collector's Corner, which features a 1934 Derby Bentley reflective of the opulence highlighted in CUT! Costume and the Cinema. Organized by Exhibits Development Group, USA in cooperation with Cosprop, Ltd., London, this year's special exhibit CUT! Costume and the Cinema showcases 43 costumes worn by the stars, along with props, memorabilia, and photographs.
- Hands-On Activity: Hidden Hollow, a two-acre area where children and their families learn to appreciate nature as they engage in creative play, venture down a discovery trail, and explore a 40-foot-tall treehouse
- Secrets of the Gardens: a labyrinth; a family maze garden; areas to enjoy a picnic with family and friends.
- What's in Bloom?: Every season offers something new and different. See what’s in bloom here.