Tour 2 stately homes that showcase Texas iterations of Victorian architecture and still include original furnishings, decor, and clothing
About This Deal
Choose from Four Options
- $32.99 for a tour of all two historical properties for two ($50 value)
- $55 for a tour of all two historical properties for four ($100 value)
- $80 for a tour of all two historical properties for six ($120 value)
- $117 for a tour of all two historical properties for eight ($160 value)
Need To Know
About Heritage Society of Washington County
Since 1970, the Heritage Society of Washington County has kept watch over some of the region's most historic buildings and sites. The nonprofit organization, which is dedicated to preserving these properties, has also hosted tours at each to educate the public about their historical and architectural value. Take a look at these properties, and arm yourself with some preliminary facts:
- The 1843 Giddings Wilkin House Museum: The oldest standing home in Brenham boasts original Giddings and Wilkin furnishings, photos, paintings, and garments.
- The 1870 Giddings Stone Mansion: JD Giddings moved his family from their original home to higher ground in 1870 after a yellow-fever scare, and the family stayed there for five generations.