What You'll Get
Walking tours explore intriguing surroundings at a leisurely pace, much like a photography class held in a thick bog of quicksand. Let it all sink in with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $29 for an Old Chinatown walking tour for two on Friday, February 15 (a $58 value)
- $59 for an Old Chinatown walking tour with dinner for two on Friday, February 15 (a $118 value)
- $29 for an Old Chinatown walking tour for two on Saturday, February 16 (a $58 value)
- $59 for an Old Chinatown walking tour with dinner for two on Saturday, February 16 (a $118 value)
- $29 for an Old Chinatown walking tour for two on Thursday, February 14 (a $58 value)
- $59 for an Old Chinatown walking tour with dinner for two on Thursday, February 14 (a $118 value)
Old Chinatown tours start at 5:30 p.m. on February 14, 15, and 16 and last 90 minutes. Guests explore portals to the Eastern world, discover feng shui, and learn about the Chinese zodiac while walking around Chinatown. Those who opt for dinner receive a complimentary alcoholic drink and two types of Chinese tea. The eight-course dinner then fills bellies with stir-fried garlic prawns, lettuce wraps, lemon chicken, vegetable chow mein, sweet-and-sour pork, rice, beef and broccoli, egg foo young with gravy, and fortune cookies.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 17, 2013. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hidden Dragon
A city is like a walk-through history book with the stories scrawled along its streets and architecture. The sage-like guides of Hidden Dragon use their knowledge of that landscape to share the stories of Victoria. With that goal in mind, their menu of walking tours entices guests to join them through keystone locales that speak to the indigenous, British, and Chinese cultures that define the city, as well as the paranormal tales that comprise its folklore.
The Crown Victoria Native Island tour explores the indigenous people and British colonists that once inhabited the area. Guests walk past the historic Fairmont Empress Hotel situated beside the waters of Inner Harbour, totem poles, and the quaint historic shops of Old Town. The New World Old Chinatown tour inspired the Hidden Dragon name with journeys through the museums, courtyards, and concealed myths of Victoria’s Chinese community. For an alternative history of the region, guides divulge the stories of ghosts, witches, and demons found in the rooming houses and alleys of Dark Victoria.