While practicing golf swings increases accuracy, practicing golf on a swing is better for taking sporty six-year-old playground bullies down a peg. Engage in friendly competition with today's Groupon: for $34, you get 18 holes of golf at Highland Falls golf course with golf-cart rental (a $95 value) plus a medium driving-range bucket (a $4 value) through Golf Summerlin.
One of the home bases for the Southern Nevada Golf Association, Highland Falls opens up the great outdoors to city dwellers with sloping fairways and groomed greens. Designed by PGA legend Billy Casper and architect Greg Nash, the par 72 course challenges golfers with steep elevations and 20-to-1 odds of bursting out in song when eyeballing the serene landscape. The rolling hills sit at a 3,000-foot elevation, giving tee tappers the chance to admire Vegas in its entirety while fine-tuning games both short and long. Warm up on the driving range before taking to the links in your cart, exploring the verdant playground and tactfully avoiding the ball-fancying mer-bandits of the course lake. Appropriate dress and reservations are required.
- one of the most popular courses in Vegas. Located in the heart of Sun City Summerlin, this course features steep slopes that blend perfectly with rolling fairways to enhance your golfing experience. – Destination 360
- Highland Falls is a fun golf course where low handicap golfers can shoot a good score. The golf course is not terribly difficult, but accuracy off the tee is vital to shooting a good score. – Las Vegas Golf Adventures
Highland Falls Golf Course
The grassy brainchild of golf great Billy Casper and course architect Greg Nash, Highland Falls’ 18-hole, par 72 course blankets rugged, desert terrain with 6,512 yards of pristine fairways. Throughout rounds, clubbers may notice that their drives carry a few extra yards, a product of the dry, thin air—the course perches at an elevation of 3,000 feet—and golf balls galvanized by the electric lure of the Las Vegas Strip, visible from certain vantages across the layout. Careful club selection and a keen eye for distance are critical throughout the round, as dramatic elevation changes complicate basic readings of yardage and legions of sand traps await to ensnare misplayed shots. An onsite driving range helps players find just the right tempo for their pendulous swing, preparing them to play an upcoming round or start a new life as a sentient grandfather clock.
Course at a Glance
- 18-hole, par 72 course designed by Billy Casper and Greg Nash
- Length of 6,512 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 70.1 from the farthest tees
- Slope of 119 from the farthest tees
- Four sets of tees
Sun City Summerlin
10201 Sun City Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89134Get Directions