Golf is one of the few sports in which players can compete against themselves, along with paddleball and seeing how many potatoes they can eat. Put yourself to the test with this Groupon.
- $34 for an 18-hole round of golf including cart rental and a medium bucket of range balls (up to $88 value)
Highland Falls Golf Course
The grassy brainchild of golf great Billy Casper and course architect Greg Nash, Highland Falls’ 18-hole, par 72 course blankets rugged, desert terrain with 6,512 yards of pristine fairways. Throughout rounds, clubbers may notice that their drives carry a few extra yards, a product of the dry, thin air—the course perches at an elevation of 3,000 feet—and golf balls galvanized by the electric lure of the Las Vegas Strip, visible from certain vantages across the layout. Careful club selection and a keen eye for distance are critical throughout the round, as dramatic elevation changes complicate basic readings of yardage and legions of sand traps await to ensnare misplayed shots. An onsite driving range helps players find just the right tempo for their pendulous swing, preparing them to play an upcoming round or start a new life as a sentient grandfather clock.
Course at a Glance
- 18-hole, par 72 course designed by Billy Casper and Greg Nash
- Length of 6,512 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 70.1 from the farthest tees
- Slope of 119 from the farthest tees
- Four sets of tees