Golfers learn to see clubs as extensions of their own bodies by learning to eat soup with sand wedges and caressing their spouses’ faces with putters. Foster club familiarity with this Groupon.
Choose From Three Options
- $39 for an 18-hole round of golf for two with cart rental (an $80 value). Twosomes play Hilltop’s 9-hole layout twice for an 18-hole round.
- $65 for one month of unlimited golf (a $133 value)
- $20 for six buckets of driving-range balls (a $42 value)<p>
Hilltop Golf Club
Hilltop Golf Club’s 9-hole, par 31 course lets clubbers hack their way through 2,268 yards of elevated Virginia countryside. Architect Lindsay Bruce Ervin modeled aspects of the executive course after traditional Scottish links, populating the course with berms, pot bunkers, and thick fescue grass that whisper Gaelic folk songs into the wind. The course climbs from an elevation of 80 feet to 240 feet, with crests giving way to sweeping vistas of the Potomac River and the Maryland shoreline. Five par 3s make each round a worthy investment for clubbers still seeking their first hole-in-one, while four par 4s allow players to unsheathe their drivers. The Club’s practice facilities include two practice greens—one for chipping and one for putting—and a multi-tiered driving range with 68 hitting bays, many of which are covered and heated to protect swingers from inclement weather or pelicans eating sunflowers overhead.
Course at a Glance:
- 9-hole, par 31 course
- Length of 2,268 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 31.0 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 55 from the farthest tees
- Three tee options
- Link to scorecard