Studying wine grapes in their natural habitat is much more enjoyable than exploring the dank, melancholy caverns of root beer’s namesake. Stroll through blissful vineyards with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$25 for a wine tasting for two (a $51.90 value)
- Tasting of six to eight wines for two (a $10 value)
- Two commemorative glasses (a $4 value)
- Two bottles of wine (a $37.90 value)<p>
$48 for a wine tasting for four (a $103.80 value)
- Tasting of six to eight wines for four (a $20 value)
- Four commemorative glasses (an $8 value)
- Four bottles of wine (a $75.80 value)<p>
The prairies southwest of St. Cloud are mostly known for corn and soybeans. But the growers at Hinterland Vineyards have turned those fertile fields into the incubators of award-winning wines, growing both white and red varietals to use in their house blends. Their Happy Creek Red was named Best Off-Dry Red at the 2013 Mid-American Wine Competition, and La Crescent, a semi-dry white, earned a Best of Class nod at the 2013 International Women's Wine Competition. At the on-site winery, guests can sample these and other vino varieties while nibbling appetizers or listening to live music on select nights of the week. Hinterland also serves beer, liquor, and cocktails for guests who prefer beverages made from browner, fizzier grapes instead.