Participants can learn all about Milwaukee’s unique architecture and fascinating history during a walking guided tour
What You'll Get
We will only be offering our Downtown tour starting July 11th. This tour will run on Saturdays and will have a limited capacity of 10 people per tour. Reservations are required. Masks or face coverings are required for the duration of the tour
- Reservations recommended to guarantee your spot
- Departure location: Varies by tour, see website for details
- Duration: 1.5-2 hours
- The tour is handicap accessible.
- Not valid for the HOP Streetcar
Historic Milwaukee’s Downtown
- This unique tour of our most prestigious downtown buildings starts at the Mackie Building and ends at the Milwaukee Art Museum to view its stunning new architecture.
- Explore a different set of sculptures each summer with Historic Milwaukee and Sculpture Milwaukee. The tour touches each individual artwork and explores the history, placemaking and impact of public art along Wisconsin Ave.
- Discover the design concepts used to create the RiverWalk’s path and enjoy sculptures dotting the landscape. This tour also highlights the architecturally significant buildings that flank the Milwaukee River.
Historic Third Ward
- Learn about the area’s early immigrant settlers and explore the warehouses that once housed a diverse group of industries. Today, the area is home to trend-setting businesses.
- Learn how Bay View began with a patchwork of industry and diverse group of immigrants and grew to the charming neighborhood you see today.
- This East Side neighborhood, with its Polish and Italian working class communities, briefly became Milwaukee’s counter-culture stronghold in the 60’s and 70’s.
North Point Mansions
- From Tudors to Frank Lloyd Wright, see the impressive mansions of the North Point Neighborhood! The area is known for its intact early twentieth century architecture and historical importance.