For $12, today’s Groupon schmoozes your stomach with $25 worth of food and drink at Hobnob Grille. Hobnob's warm interior and soothing lighting give it an inviting vibe, where the staff will remember your name, order, and favorite episode of Designing Women.
From insatiable brunches to late-day bounties, Hobnob offers grub that uses local ingredients and the power of hand-spicing and hand-cooking. Brunch options include Beezly's flapjacks served under freshly whipped cream with pepper bacon or sausage patty ($8.75) or the rancher's breakfast with gunpowder crusted sirloin, two eggs, and flapjacks or french toast ($16).
Warm up your stomach by sampling the Creole calamari ($7) or the grilled flatbread (with caramelized onions and grilled red peppers, $7). Mix your food and your drink with Indiana pale ale and buttermilk fried onion rings (with homemade barbecue sauce, $7). Hobnob's heavy-hitting sandwiches and entrees are enough to hob nobs of all sizes with such flavors as the balsamic roasted portobello mushroom cap ($10.75) and the slow-roasted corned beef or turkey rueben (with crisp sauerkraut, $8.75). For meaty lovers, there’s the overnight-infused sizzle of the chipotle baby back ribs ($16 half rack, $22 full) and the explosive force of the gunpowder sirloin (rubbed with garlic peppercorn “gunpowder” juice, $22). Round off your meal with a slick cocktail such as the Scarlett O’Hara ($8.25) or The Pink ($8).
The Portland Tribune praises Hobnob Grille’s economic menu for tough times by saying:
- It’s solid food for a low price, and I.T.E., isn’t that what everyone wants? – Anne Marie Distefano
Citysearchers agree, giving five stars of Hobnobbery:
- Every time we go we are amazed and delighted at the consistency of the food. It's always great and fresh! – PDXPatrick
- Quick, you have to visit before this place gets too busy to get into. Seriously affordable gourmet norhtwest [sic] pub food. I've been to every restaurant in this spot in the last 10 years, and this is my hands down favorite. – radkatie
How to Hobnob
Hobnobbing involves socializing, and nobody is better than celebrities. Here are some tips to help you hobnob with the famous:
- Most celebrities are fantastically tall because they have to fill large movie screens. Do not stare or mention their obscene height.
- Celebs love to stay in character all the time and will often shoot guns or begin crying at inopportune moments.
- Don’t bother famous actors when they are with their families because most celebrity children are really foxes dressed in people costumes.
- Delaware has no sales tax, which makes celebrities go gaga!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
3350 Se Morrison St
Portland, Oregon 97214Get Directions