Choose Between Two Options
- $69 for a 14-day detox and weight-loss program ($270 value)
- $79 for a 21-day detox and weight-loss program ($330 value)
- Program includes a consultation, a meal guide, and a weight-loss plan
Green-Tea Extract: Metabolism Fuel
Though it won’t help you lose weight all by itself, green-tea extract has been shown to help immensely. Read on to learn more about the beneficial properties of green tea.
Whether served in a steaming cup or a concentrated capsule, green tea can imbue bodies with a variety of physical benefits. Made from the Camellia sinensis plant, green tea possesses four types of catechins, a variety of antioxidants also found in red wine and apple skins. One such catechin, epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG, has been linked with weight loss in several studies, including a notable study posted in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. The studies found a possible link between the consumption of EGCG and the body’s ability to burn calories and oxidize fat, suggesting that EGCG could perform a substantial role in assisting typical weight-loss efforts such as diet and exercise. Some people also swear by green-tea extracts for its ability to help prevent inflammation and swelling, protect the cartilage between bones, lessen joint degeneration, and, some say, ward off various cancers.
- With 2–4% caffeine in a single cup, drinking green tea produces an energy spike comparable to showering in a tub of coffee.
- According to the New York Times, Americans drink nearly 10 billion servings of green tea each year.