Would-be veterinary support assistants learn about veterinary practices, animal handling and psychology, surgical protocol, and nutrition
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- An online veterinary support assistant certification course
An online veterinary support assistant certification course and pet nutrition certification course
- 15 modules in the vet support assistant certification and 11 modules in the pet nutrition course delve into veterinary terminology, animal handling, animal psychology, anatomy, surgical protocol, and first aid
- Provides a foundation of knowledge for those looking to become certified veterinary support assistants (the first step to becoming a veterinary technician)
- 24/7 access to the course for 45 consecutive days
- Certificate awarded upon successful completion of the courses, accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards
- View videos that further discuss the course.
The Fine Print
About Holly and Hugo
Sometimes it can be hard for pets and people to coexist peacefully. Holly and Hugo helps pet owners improve their relationship with their dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, and reptiles with a variety of online animal behavior, training, and grooming courses.
The Animal Physical Therapy course and Animal First Aid and CPR course help pet owners and aspiring vets alike keep animals healthy and help pets in times of medical distress. Other courses, such as Veterinary Support Assistant] and Careers with Animals, prepare people for a career working with animals.
Holly and Hugo's students—more than 20,000 participants from 59 countries—get help from a veterinary team, which responds to their questions on a regularly updated blog. Students also gain access to free, live Q&A webinars with Dr. Pippa Elliott, MRCVS, who brings more than 25 years of veterinary experience to each student session. Upon course completion, students receive a certification. All courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards.