Many people like the smell of freshly cut grass because it reminds them of summers spent outdoors, living in secret in a pile of mulch. Revisit your roots with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $19 for a three-month lawn bowling membership for one (a $136.75 total value)
- $29 for a three-month lawn bowling membership for two (a $273. 50 total value)
- $29 for a six-month lawn bowling membership for one (a $268.50 total value)
- $49 for a six-month lawn bowling membership for two (a $537 total value)
Each membership package includes the following per person:
- Membership fees, which grant access to the facilities (a $23.75 value for three months; a $47.50 value for six months)
- One-time initiation fee (a $5 value)
- $3 worth of snack and drink credits three times a week (a $108 value for three months; a $216 value for six months)
- Equipment available for practice before new members purchase their own set of lawn bowling balls
Holmby Park Lawn Bowling Club
Lawn-bowling statistics don't dominate newspaper box scores, but the sport is hardly an unknown phenomenon. The game’s English roots stretch as far back as the 13th century, and today, lawn bowlers can be spotted in locales as distant as South Africa and New Zealand. Primarily a game of finesse, lawn bowling rewards teams of three for their accuracy as they read the manicured terrain and gently heft a three-pound ball toward a small, distant target.
Ever since Holmby Park Lawn Bowling Club was founded in 1927, it has embraced the social aspect of the sport, currently welcoming 120 members from the surrounding community. As the only lawn bowling club in the city of Los Angeles according to Westwood-Century City Patch, the HPLBC organizes matches across two separate playing fields, accommodating as many as 96 players at a time. The club loans equipment to new members so they can get a feel for the game before buying their own supplies, and instructors arrive in the late morning to dole out pointers and help newcomers learn the fundamentals. Plenty of benches and shaded areas allow players to relax in between throws or enjoy a quick refreshment before the next match. Click here for an ATVN feature about the Holmby Park Lawn Bowling Club.