Barbecue chefs identify themselves by the signature flavors of their sauces, which they brush onto slabs of meat and hand to police officers during routine traffic stops. Sample handcrafted piquancy with today’s Groupon to Holy Smoke BBQ. This Groupon is valid at the Gahanna location only. Choose between the following options:
- For $7, you get a barbecue meal for one (up to a $14.97 total value), which includes:
- Your choice of one of the following: a half slab of ribs, half-pound sandwich, or half chicken (up to a $9.99 value)
- Two side dishes (a $2.99 value)
- One fountain beverage or iced tea (a $1.99 value)<p>
- For $11, you get a Holy Smoke family pack for four (a $23.98 total value), which includes the following:
- Two meats and two side dishes (a $19.99 value)
- Four dinner rolls (a $3.99 value)
The barbecue-savvy proprietor of Holy Smoke BBQ populates restaurant and catering menus with meticulously prepared meats, which have garnered praise from the Columbus Dispatch. Hickory-flavored flames tango around dry-rubbed beef brisket, ribs, and chicken as meats crackle and pop like a phonograph stuffed with cereal before satiating stomachs alongside mouthwatering side dishes. For family feasting, relatives dig in to pork, chicken, ribs, or brisket embankments responsible for guarding savory sides, including creamy mac ‘n’ cheese, cave beans, and hand-cut chips, from signature sauces and excommunicated second uncles.
Holy Smoke Barbecue
According to a Columbus Alive article, Holy Smoke Barbecue owner Stan Riley is so dedicated to cooking his meats over freshly chopped wood that he has been known to haul tree trunks to the back of his restaurant and take an axe to them right there. He then puts the wood into his outside smokers. He told the magazine that the freshness of the wood was important because it determined the flavor of the smoked meats—the fresher the wood was, the more potent the flavor.
These flavorful meats include hand-carved brisket that has been in the smoker for more than 15 hours, St. Louis–style spare ribs, and smoked chicken. Signature sauces, such as spicy chipotle barbecue and sweet and smokey barbecue, finish them off. Customers can dine in a newly remodeled space complete with a full seating area and a bar.