Choose from Four Options
- $17 for $30 worth of dinner for two, valid Monday–Thursday
- $32 for $60 worth of dinner for four, valid Monday–Thursday
- $20 for $30 worth of dinner for two, valid Friday–Sunday
- $37 for $60 worth of dinner for four, valid Friday–Sunday
See the full food menu.
Upon retiring from the Marine Corps after 20 years of service, Joe didn't kick back in a hammock—he rolled up his sleeves and opened an upscale brewpub serving seasonal beers, wines from around the world, and American food. Soon after Home Republic opened, it began garnering attention for its wide selection of drinks and homemade food. Read on to learn more about the restaurant:
- Appetizer: house-baked jalapeño cornbread with bacon jam
- Entree: grilled chicken breast covered in the house beer-barbecue sauce
- Drink: a beer flight that lets you sample four of the ever-rotating brews
- Happy hour is weekdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Lively emcees run Tuesday Trivia from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Local breweries take over their taps Thursdays at 6pm for Steal the Pint Nights
- Just like the cafeteria at Santa's workshop, everything's made from scratch
- Open for dinner every day, lunch Thursday-Sunday
- Home Republic has 14 beers on draft, rotating the beers they brew onsite with other local craft breweries
- Home Republic chefs whipped up a creative take on fried shrimp—the secret ingredient was Samoa Girl Scout cookies—on The Hampton Roads Show.
- HamptonRoads.com on the Bloody IPA, which combines Hoptopus beer with Crusty Clam Bloody Mix: "Hops are frequently the offending party for the beer bashers, the vehicle for all that bitterness. But the long cast of flavors in the bloody mix—shrimp, crab, pollock, anchovies and more—muffles the yawp of the Hoptopus without erasing the fine fizz of the beer."