Clients can pick up a kit with ingredients and use it to prepare a champagne brunch at home
What You'll Get
- Type of food: brunch
- What’s included:
- One bottle of champagne
- Fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Loaf of cinnamon twist Challah bread, eggs, milk, and organic strawberry sauce to make strawberry French toast
- Seasonal frittata with homemade pesto topping
- Organic salad greens with a house-made balsamic vinaigrette
- Choice of bacon or chicken apple sausage (or 1/2 and 1/2)
- Fresh-baked pastries
- Valid on any day the establishment is open
- View the weekday menu and prices
- View the weekend menu and prices
- View the drinks menu and prices
The Fine Print
About Homemade Cafe
The food at Homemade Cafe is, well, homemade. And to a certain extent, so is the owner. In the late 1970s, cafe founders Norm and Janet traveled across the country to fulfill their dream of opening a local diner in sunny California. They did just that in 1979.
Homemade Cafe quickly became a cornerstone of the community, and at one point, it hired a local Berkeley kid named Collin as a busboy. Collin grew up eating at the diner, and as part of its staff he worked his way up the ladder: from dishwasher to kitchen manager to owner. Indeed, Norm and Janet passed the torch to their longtime employee in 2011 in a move that not only ensures the cafe remains in good hands, but one that also ensures it keeps spinning together amazing food.
- Pancakes: They're made with the cafe's secret buttermilk recipe, and they can be studded with fruit by request.
- Home Fry Heaven: This upgrade for really hungry customers transforms regular home fries into a mountain of mixed cheese, salsa, sour cream, and either guacamole or pesto.