Sommeliers recommend that you swirl a glass of wine and inhale its bouquet before throwing it in the face of your enemy. Enjoy pleasures that are worth the wait with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$19 for a wine-tasting package for two (a $46 total value)
- Two glasses of wine (an $8 value each)
- Two souvenir glasses (an $8 value each)
- Two wine charms (a $2 value each)
- $5 credit per person toward merchandise (a $10 value)<p>
$35 for a wine-tasting package for four (a $92 total value)
- Four glasses of wine (an $8 value each)
- Four souvenir glasses (an $8 value each)
- Four wine charms (a $2 value each)
- $5 credit per person toward merchandise (a $20 value)<p>
One of the best times of day at Horizon Cellars is dusk. That's when guests out on the covered deck can relax with a glass of wine and watch the setting sun turn the clouds over the Mount Vernon Springs ridge line a soft pink. On weekends, guests can bring a picnic basket and blanket to the winery and sip everything from sweet plum wines to mellow white wines while playing fetch or Monopoly with the dog.
Inside the tasting room, which is located atop a rolling ridge, guests sample Horizon's wines and meads. Its meads are similar to its wines, but are made with honey from Horizon's bee farm instead of grapes. The winery's tasting menus change depending on season and availability, so Horizon recommends that visitors call ahead for a listing of that day's wines.