What You'll Get
As December 21, 2012, approaches, many Americans eagerly await the moment when Hades will emerge from the Underworld to recklessly devour raw egg. Until then, experience man-made terror with today's Groupon that suits you up in leather and vinyl just in time for Halloween: $10 gets you $20 worth of Halloween costumes and costume accessories at Horror Business, Boston's independent purveyor of all things hardcore. Horror Business specializes year-round in punk rock, metal wear, and clothing by local designers, and they've just added a trove of terrifying, sexy, and terrifyingly sexy costumes for the impending masquerade-ball season.
Whether you wish to cloak yourself in the trappings of priest or devil, dowdy nurse, or sexy nun, Horror Business can suit you up for about $40 to $50. Check out its accessory packages, such as devil horns with tail or cat ears with tail, which go for about $15 to $20. The owner recommends an amazingly realistic set of vampire fangs so vampiric that local draculas will ask for your orthodontist’s contact info. Horror Business is located on Harvard Avenue in Allston, so you can conveniently haunt both the BU and Harvard dorms in your new duds.
Note: Deal valid until October 31.
Yelpers are thrilled with the duds at Horror Business:
- The Bambi/Zombie shirt I bought there once upon a time ago got me free starbucks (it made this chick at the register laugh and she told me to shoo and go get my coffee at no charge.) – Melody H.
- I'm always pleasantly surprised to find something I haven't seen before and never knew I wanted. – Patrick F.
- I wish I had had more money when I went here. The clothes were a great mix of rockabilly and punk for reasonable prices... – Kathleen Y.
Scary Movies Sure to Make You Jump
After getting some duds from Horror Business LLC, you might want to check out the latest scary movie. Scary movie season is filled with genuinely frightening flicks, but there are also a number of less-terrifying stinkers:
- President's Day: All of the deceased presidents rise from their tombs and run for President again.
- A Nightmare on Murder Street Part 6: To everyone's surprise, undead dream-murderer Dale doesn't go on a murder spree but does start committing mail fraud.
- The Historical Haunting of Madeline: A bunch of ghosts don't do all that much to secure a PG-13 rating.
- The Wyoming Chainsaw Massacre: A chainsaw wielding maniac can't find one person to murder in the least populous state.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 1, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. In-store redemption only. Valid for Halloween costumes and accessories. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.