What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $65 for a letterpress workshop for one ($130 value)
- $130 for a letterpress workshop for two ($260 value)
Choose from the following dates and times:
- Saturday, July 19 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, July 19 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, July 20 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, July 20 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, July 26 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, July 26 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, July 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, July 27 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
After taking a tour of the print shop and learning its history, workshop participants collaborate on an 8”x10” letterpress print of a quote, proverb, saying, name, or anything they can agree on. Everyone will have a job in the process, whether that be measuring and typesetting; choosing fonts, paper and ink; or assisting with running the press. Participants take home at least four copies of the print they helped make. At the shop, customers will be able to upgrade for more prints or higher quality paper.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for option and date purchased. Valid for ages 12 and older; ages 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Horwinski Printing Company
Run by James Lang, a third-generation printer, Horwinski Printing Company incorporates contemporary technology into its historic printing processes. In keeping with its roots, the company hasn't changed much of its original equipment. For example, it still uses antique wood type and authentic foundry metal hand-set type that dates as far back as 1906, the same year Teddy Roosevelt won the Nobel Peace Prize and started collecting commemorative pennies. In addition to creating invitations, announcements, posters, and other prints, guests are invited to attend hands-on classes and tour the print shop, which is a gallery of local history and activities.