- $175 for a scenic hot air balloon ride with Hot Air Expeditions
- Fodor’s pick for Best Hot Air Balloon Company in Phoenix
- More than 18 years of successful takeoffs and touchdowns
- Unparalleled views of the Sonora Desert
- Celebratory champagne upon landing
- Post-flight breakfast or hors d’oeuvres
- Food prepared by renowned Phoenix chef Vincent Guerithault
- View the balloon experience
- Call ahead for reservation.
Fodor’s calls Hot Air Expeditions “the best ballooning in Phoenix. Flights are long, the staff is charming, and the gourmet snacks, catered by the acclaimed Vincent restaurant, are out of this world.”
Seven TripAdvisors 4.5 stars: > * They did an excellent job - prompt start, good narrative while we were over the mountains, well organized when we landed, and very good champagne breakfast – DaveAZ7 > * The skies were clear, photos were amazing and the view was second to none – kymbir
Hot Air Expeditions
Though a pilot mans each of Hot Air Expeditions balloon flights, the excursions are really guided by Mother Nature. The colorful balloons simply follow the wind, hovering above the cacti and coyote that call the Sonoran desert home before gently climbing breezes to give passengers a full view of the surrounding mountains and lakes. Groups can take morning flights year-round or afternoon flights from November through March, both of which offer spectacular photo opportunities, as well as time-sensitive challenges to any still-life painters on board.
The mutable nature of the flights mean they last anywhere from 45–90 minutes, after which, passengers will enjoy sparkling beverages and catered snacks, such as pastries. Each guest is awarded an official flight certificate as a memento of their aerial journey before boarding a courtesy van that returns them to the launch point. Though the actual flights last up to 90 minutes, groups should allow up to four hours for the entire trip.