Because it’s buried under a thick canopy of mustard, onion, sweet-pickle relish, a dill-pickle spear, tomato slices, pickled peppers, celery salt—and notably lacking in ketchup—a Chicago-style hot dog can be difficult to identify. Learn its distinguishing characteristics with today’s Groupon to Hot Dog Hut in Jacksonville Beach. Choose from the following options:
- For $8, you get breakfast for two (up to a $17.40 total value). The breakfast includes:
- Two breakfast entrees (up to a $6.75 value each)
- Two coffees or orange juices (a $1.95 value each)
- For $10, you get lunch combos for two (up to a $21.50 total value).
- For $20, you get lunch combos for four (up to a $43 total value).
- Each lunch combo (up to a $10.75 value) includes:
- One regular hot dog, sausage, or burger
- One regular side order of fries, chips, or onion rings
- One regular soda, lemonade, or tea <p>
Mom-and-pop team Vicki and Sanford Gray furnishes hungry twosomes and foursomes with all-beef hot dogs, sausages, and burgers at a storefront evoking a beach-style hut, located just a few blocks from the Atlantic. The lunch menu calls forth comestibles including 16 hot-dog variations, which range from the chicago dog to the texas dog topped with chili, onions, and jalapeños. Sausages such as kielbasa expand the hut’s encased meat offerings, and non-encased fare such as the north carolina burger silences belly yodels with heaps of chili, cheese, slaw, and onions. Sides cook in trans-fat-free oil to a golden-brown crispness previously thought attainable only by kissing the sun, and fries come dusted in choice of flavoring including bay seasoning or ranch.
The breakfast menu gives duos day fuel in the form of the All The Way omelet, which stars a determined swaddling of vegetables, bacon, sausage, ham, and cheese in a two-egg blanket. More fast-breaking fare ranges from biscuits and gravy to Belgian waffles imported from a Belgian waffle farm.