People often do things in hotels that they would never do in their own homes, such as sleep soundly, watch Marley and Me, or let the kids drink as much shampoo as they want. Let loose with today's Groupon to Hotel Pattee. Choose from the following options:
- For $109, you get a standard room, a bottle of wine or champagne, $20 toward breakfast for two at the Milwaukee Diner, and unlimited bowling for one hour (up to a $259 value).
- For $129, you get a premiere room, a bottle of wine or champagne, $20 toward breakfast for two at the Milwaukee Diner, and unlimited bowling for one hour (up to a $299 value).
- For $159, you get a suite, a bottle of wine or champagne, $20 toward breakfast for two at the Milwaukee Diner, and unlimited bowling for one hour (up to a $320 value).
A selection of 40 themed rooms at the Hotel Pattee celebrates historical contributions to Midwestern life. Standard stayers can pass notes in the Alton School room or sleep under the stars and stripes of the marching-band room. A space celebrating Japanese culture is available to premiere guests, and the aura of Louis Armstrong resides in a New Orleans-inspired suite room. Personalized touches include a wood-burning fireplaces in select rooms and more than 130 pieces of original artwork. Active bodies can find a niche in the fitness center, which features cardio equipment and a hot tub, a sauna, and a steam room.
After absorbing your room's historical ambience, face off for up to two hours in a friendly competition at the Arthur "Oley" Olson Bowling Alley, located on the hotel grounds. Then, toast the victor with your choice of a bottle of champagne or wine. Stays conclude with a breakfast at David's Milwaukee Diner, where dining rooms bedecked in railroad paraphernalia provide a backdrop to a menu of morning fare. Fuel up on cinnamon-dusted french toast ($5.25) and sneak a sample of your dining partner's bacon-and-artichoke quiche ($5.95). Sunday diners can use their $20 vouchers toward the brunch buffet, which includes beverages and a plethora of griddle and skillet creations ($12.95 for adults; $9.95 for seniors; $6.95 for kids under 12).
Hotel Pattee was awarded Four Diamond status for seven consecutive years from AAA/CAA. The New York Times and Travel + Leisure mentioned the hotel in articles about the area. Four Yelpers give it an average of 4.5 stars, and TripAdvisors give it an average of 4.5 owl eyes.
- Every room at the Pattee has a theme. In ours, the theme is colorful folk art—so much folk art in so many colors and covering so many different surfaces, from the desk to the dresser to the TV cabinet, that my mind continues to swarm with purple animal shapes after I shut my eyes to go to sleep. Walter Kirn, Travel + Leisure
- It is a small jewel on the Iowa prairie. The rooms are meticulously decorated. It is quiet and comfortable. – KKMinnesota, TripAdvisor
1112 Willis Ave.
Perry, Iowa 50220Get Directions