All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed September 22, 2017
What You'll Get
Choose from Five Options
- $26 for 5 adult group dance classes ($60 value)
- $51 for 10 adult group dance classes ($120 value)
- $51 for 5 couples group dance classes ($120 value)
- $99.50 for 10 couples group dance classes ($240 value)
- $36.50 for one semi-private partners dancing lesson ($75 value)
- See a schedule
- Click here for children’s lessons.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Not valid for clients active within the past 3 month(s). Registration required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Must activate by expiration date on voucher; 5 classes expires 3-weeks from first class, 10 classes expires 6-weeks from first class. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About House of Duende
Duende loosely translates to "having soul" or a "heightened state of emotion, expression, and authenticity." House of Duende invites visitors to unleash their duende through its dance, music, and art offerings at its East Harlem studio. In addition to letting students' creativity flow freely, the wide-ranging schedule of classes aims to educate and honor the cultural history behind the art forms.
- Beginner's sabar sessions cover a traditional West African style of dance that originated in Senegal and is performed to the beats of a sabar drum. The sensual dance incorporates all parts of the body with jumps, arm swings, hip twists, and high knee lifts.
- Soca aerobics classes are centered on the dance style of Trinidad and Tobago. Best known for whining, or hip swiveling, dancers continually roll their hips to the music's beat—except when the instructor adds aerobic exercises.
- Waacking was born in LA's LGBT clubs of 1970s and popularized by Soul Train. With that in mind, the style's posing, footwork, and arm movements are performed to disco music during House of Duende's 90-minute classes.