Like seducing snowmen, playing hockey requires a high resistance to cold and overlooking the lack of teeth. Brave the chill with today's deal: for $25, you get two corner seats, free parking, club access and a postgame photo at a Houston Aeros game (up to a $95 total value). Choose from the following five games:
- February 27 at 5:05 p.m. against the Rockford IceHogs
- March 6 at 5:05 p.m. against the Abbotsford Heat
- March 11 at 7:35 p.m. against the Manitoba Moose
- March 15 at 7:05 p.m. against the Milwaukee Admirals
- March 19 at 7:35 p.m. against the San Antonio Rampage
The AHL's Aeros are the winners of the International League's Turner Cup in 1999 and the AHL's Calder Cup in 2003. Guests can catch the high-flying action of their brutal ballet from two corner seats ($52 advanced value; $58 value at the door) at the Toyota Center (the yellow sections on the seating chart). Watch as the team attempts to maintain its division lead with slick passes, clutch goals, gentle camaraderie, body checks, and firm camaraderie. Tickets also get you club access ($5 value per person), which includes a private bar, bathrooms, and private food vendors who will happily serve you but will not reveal much about their personal lives. Free parking for one vehicle ($7 value) at the Toyota Center is also included. Afterward, you and your hockey-watching pal can join mascot Chilly and the Aero Dynamics cheerleaders for a postgame photo ($20 value).
Hockey is the magnificent mutt of the sporting world: you get the suspense of watching an object swish through a net (like in basketball or soccer), the thrill of rambunctious brawls (boxing), the elegance of ice skating, and the utter brutality of golf all combined into one action-packed event. Hockey's family-friendly nature also makes it an ideal evening for regal youngsters uneasy over the impending Ides of March.
- Tonight's game was super fun as always. I love the players, the back of the house staff, the cheerleaders, even the giant man-sized dog, Chilly. – olivia b., Yelp, 5/5/09
- All the games I have gone too and all the memories that have come out of them are fantastic. – Alex R., Yelp, 2/20/09
- I've still never been to a game they didn't win. They may not be NHL, but who needs NHL? Not me! – Jessie D., Yelp, 2/8/11