What You'll Get
For $30, today's side deal gets you a Grand Tier-level ticket (a $63 value) to see Peter Grimes at Houston Grand Opera on either Saturday, November 6, or Friday, November 12. Both performances are at 7:30 p.m.
- HGO, based in Wortham Center, made its debut with Salome in the 1950s
- Peter Grimes follows the mysterious death of an apprentice to the town's fisherman
- With only one ally, the struggle between an individual versus the masses is brought to stage in this three-hour performance
- Directed by Tony Award-nominee Neil Armfield (Exit the King)
- Grand-tier seats give you an elevated view of the performers
Peter Grimes was recently reviewed in the Houston Chronicle:
- Peter Grimes returns to Houston Grand Opera for the first time since 1984 in a new production starring the Grammy-winning American tenor Anthony Dean Griffey and directed by Neil Armfield, opening Friday at Wortham Theater Center. Griffey in recent years has emerged as a leading interpreter of the complex title role, which he has sung with the Paris Opera, Santa Fe Opera and the Metropolitan Opera, where his 2008 performance was deemed "a triumph" by the New York Times. – Everett Evans, Houston Chronicle
Other performances at Houston Grand Opera are frequently reviewed by publications such as the Houston Chronicle, Houston Arts Week, and the Dallas Morning News.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for show date purchased. No cash back. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.