What You'll Get
- $20 for one general admission ticket to Tacolandia ($40 value)
Presented by the Houston Press, Tacolandia celebrates all things tacos, from traditional street-style ones to modern twists. Read on to learn more about the event.
- Date: Saturday, November 14, from 4-7 p.m.
- Restaurants: more than 25, including the homestyle Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen, the inventive Moderno, and the venerable Doneraki, which celebrates its 42nd anniversary this year
- Accompany your tacos with: beer and cocktails; sponsors include Oculto beer and a special promotion from el Jimador tequila from 3pm-7pm
- Entertainment: live music, plus awards for the best tacos
- Location: The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park, a new 4-acre park built over an repurposed water-system site
- Leave these at home: people younger than age 21, pets, and t-shirts bearing the slogan “I’d Rather Be Eating A Burger”
- Make sure to bring this: a valid ID to prove your age
About Houston Press Artopia
For the eighth year in a row, Winter Street Studios transforms into a mecca of art, culture, fashion, food, music, revelry, and even more art at Artopia. This season's celebration of Houston's most promising talent stuffs plenty of eye, ear, and mouth candy into just three hours. Here's a rundown of the highlights, so you can (at least attempt) to see it all:
- The Fashion The fetching models of the Neil Hamil Agency rock the Europe-meets-Africa fusion of MODChic, the funky and flashy designs of Pardon My Fash-uhn, and the sleek styles of Samo Dinero
- The Music: Enjoy eclectic hybrid of cumbria and hip-hop from Gio Chambra, winner of the Houston Press award for "Best Dance Act," and get down to the funk of Say Girl Say and the thermometer-popping indie rock of Catch Fever
- The Mastermind Awards: At this highlight of Artopia, the Houston Press presents three prize grants to local artists who've made an impact on the community
- Bites and Libations: Culinary craftsmen and mixologist mechanics keep guests fueled with complimentary food, wine, beer, and cocktail samples
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 14, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Must be 21 or older with a valid ID. Event is rain or shine. All participants must be present at redemption. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.