All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed September 12, 2016
What You'll Get
Flip, backflip, and summersault-flip through today's midair Groupon: $40 gets you the Earn Your Wings Package at iFly SF Bay, which includes a training session, flight gear, assistance from a personal instructor, and two flights in iFly SF Bay's gravity-defying vertical wind tunnel plus a DVD of your session (a combined $81.95 value).
iFly's technology simulates the feeling of skydiving without the human-body-plummeting-toward-the-earth-at-9.8-meters-per-second factor; it simulates a dive by suspending you only a few feet off the ground. The tunnel is a safe way to enjoy the thrillcitement and spectaculation of skydiving for people who love the idea of skydiving, but don't like the idea of wearing a cumbersome parachute, falling out a plane from 18,000 feet in the air, or skydiving.
Two flights in the tunnel—the time equivalent of three tandem skydives—gives you plenty of time to practice your MJ-tribute moonwalk, rid the dust from your gaming cartridge, or pop the question to a significant other or a person who you'd like to make your significant other. The DVD lets you relive your tricks and maneuvers for years to come or until the DVD gets replaced by digital-VHS in 2019. iFly is open to people of any age (check fine print for physical restrictions), so round up your Girl Scout troop, bridge club, or oil refinery and take them flying. Valid for use Monday through Friday only and for one person in a single visit (you cannot share your Groupon with another person).
- I'm an outdoor skydiver with 18 years and 3,500 jumps under my belt. While there is no experience quite like jumping out a plane, iFly SF Bay provides a totally authentic re-creation of the freefall experience. So authentic in fact that outdoor skydivers use facilities like this to train their flying skills for competition. – bradstyle, Citysearch
- I am hooked. This is really a blast... The staff are very helpful and really work hard...On my second visit I was so proud to have improved to the point that I could fly where ever I wanted and even flew to the exit under my own power. – chuckeroonie, Citysearch
- I have over 1300 skydives and I truly love iFlySFBay. I just can't get enough. I've taken many non-skydivers and they to have loved it -- from 3 yrs old to 60+, they all had a great time. – Aerialsoul, Citysearch
A Wish For Wings That Work
The iFly experience is valuable for those who will be drafted in the millennium’s inevitable atmosphere wars, but how does it measure up to the real thing?
Peter Pan says:
- iFly is a great way for folks to experience realistic flight without thinking happy thoughts, which have been kind of hard to come by lately, what with accidentally closing Tinkerbell in the dryer last week.
- For the last time, I’m not Superman. Look, my name is Kal-I mean, Clark Kent, I’m a reporter for a newspaper, I forget what they’re called. The Daily something, you can Google it. I’m a real reporter there, who does reporter things. Can’t you see that I’m wearing glasses? Name one time that Superman wore glasses, besides last week when I accidentally…I have to go, there’s a volcano erupting in Guadalajara. No, I won’t explain how I know that.
Mary Poppins says:
- iFly is the perfect place to hold a tea party on the ceiling, or simply float unencumbered by your mouthy umbrella, for a change. Now if you’re done asking silly questions, I’ve written a song for you, it’s called “The Times They Are A-Changin’.”
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 20, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per person, multiple as gifts. Only valid Wed-Fri. By appointment only. Not valid with other offers. Over 6ft: limit 250lbs, under 6ft: limit 230lbs. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.