Much like eggs, the way you take your tan is a personal preference. Some prefer UV Level 2 bed, others a Mystic spray tan, and others prefer eggs. Thankfully, you can tailor today’s Groupon to your tanning needs. For $25, you get $100 worth of tanning services, body wraps, and skin treatments at iTAN Solariums, a bronzing empire with convenient locations all over the San Diego area. Get this Groupon for your pigment-challenged friends, aspiring actresses, and lifeguards, or if you're tired of being entirely translucent.
The super-clean solariums (the staff sanitizes each bed twice and uses tiled floors to minimize muck) each offer five levels of UV ray–based tanning, as well as sunless airbrush and spray tanning. Intimidated by which space portal–like bronzing pod to pick? A highly trained team of tanning professionals will evaluate your skin-goldening goals and help you get the glow you crave.
An individual spray tan costs $24 and an iBrush (airbrush tanning) goes for $60. If you want a traditional tan, tanning-bed prices start at $6 a session for a Level One and go up to $30 a session for an intensive Level 5 glow. You can also buy your tanning trips (with spray tan, airbrush, and beds) in bulk at 5, 10, or 20 sessions. Some locations also offer spa services. Get a Fit Bodywrap to detoxify and smooth cellulite ($99); a Lumière treatment can reduce wrinkles and improve skin tone.
- iTan is Outstanding: What an Outstanding Salon. Clean, Great Prices, Great Service, Helpfull [sic] Staff. Great Job iTan ! – Yahoo! Local user
- This is a super tan shop. I think the staff are all very nice and friendly. The location is great, and the hours are great too. I would recommend this shop to everyone. – Melinda S., Insider Pages
The Solarium Augusti was the largest sundial in the ancient world. Augustus erected it to memorialize the Imperial Roman takeover of Egypt. The solarium, though gigantic, is far from the only colossal obelisk created to honor something important. Here are some modern monuments that stand tall:
- The Washington Monument: Built to store obsolete computer parts.
- San Francisco's Escape Tower: Built to celebrate the release of Journey's 1981 album, Escape.
- Uruguay's Obelisk of Montevideo: Built to attract aliens and tourists.
- Toronto's Chelsea, Will You Take Me Back If I Build a Giant Obelisk?: Built for obvious and sad reasons.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
iTAN Sun Spray Spa
In 2001, the first iTAN Sun Spray Spa opened its doors. It had a simple goal—to make clients feel and look lovely with professional tanning services. Today, the spa has more than 30 Southern California franchises, each offering a slightly different assortment of teeth whitening, tanning beds, spray-tanning booths, and self-serve spa offerings.
The Smart Tan–certified staff prioritizes keeping up with tanning technology by stocking state-of-the-art tanning beds such as the Sun Angel, which uses sensors to customize a blend of UVA and UVB rays, practically eliminating overexposure. Many beds come equipped with stereo sound systems, misters, and fans. Just down the hall from these beauty gadgets, Mystic and airbrush machines bronze limbs without UV rays, and self-administered spa treatments dispense relaxing red-light facials, infrared-heat bodywraps, and aqua massages.