Since its invention, ice skating has brought us countless thrilling hockey games, scores of inspiring figure-skating routines, and one unforgettable NBA season. Be like Darryl Dawkins in the ’82-’83 season with today’s Groupon to Ice Den in Scottsdale. Choose between the following options:
- For $15, you get an ice-skating outing for two (up to a $30.50 value), which includes:
- Admission for two (up to a $14 value)
- Skate rental for two (up to an $8 value)
- One appetizer at 18 Degrees (up to an $8.50 value)<p>
- For $28, you get an ice-skating outing for four (up to a $61 value), which includes:
- Admission for four (up to a $28 value)
- Skate rental for four (up to a $16 value)
- Two appetizers at 18 Degrees (up to a $17 value)
Ice Den, named one of the top ten ice skating rinks in America by USA Today, flings open the doors to its 120,000-square-foot facility for public skating every Saturday and Sunday. The two NHL-sized rinks stay cool at a crisp 53 degrees as skaters practice figure eights or carve caricatures of the Phoenix Coyotes, who practice at the facility, into the ice. Sprint across the rink in a pair of hockey skates or elegantly leap over hockey players in figure skates, available from a toddler size 6 through an adult size 15.
After working up an appetite, hungry guests walk or petition zambonis to make an icy path to 18 Degrees, an in-house bar and grill for a round of appetizers. Diners split bites of salty sweet-potato fries, scoop mounds of spinach-artichoke dip, or hockey fight for triangles of house bruschetta before heading back out into the rink.
Ice Den’s rates vary throughout the week.