What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $99 for one week of Ideal Protein weight-loss meals and consultations ($349 value)
- $159 for two week of Weight-Loss Meals and Consultation ($433 value)
- $219 for four week of Weight-Loss Meals and Consultations ($601 value)
Each week includes 21 meals and daily emailed coaching video. Each option includes six months of weekly consultations and one consultation with a personal weight-loss coach.
Four Things to Know About Protein Shakes
Many weight-loss regimens swear by the wonderful elixirs known as protein shakes. Here’s a basic rundown of why protein shakes can be part of an effective program.
1. Losing weight is (mostly) about intake. The key to losing weight is burning more calories than you consume. There are two ways to accomplish this: reduce the number of calories you take in or burn calories through physical activity. By filling in for certain meals, protein shakes can reduce your total calorie intake, thus helping you lose weight.
2. Protein shakes can help with your diet. Protein (and exercise, for that matter) reduces levels of the hunger-stimulating hormone ghrelin, resulting in a lower appetite. This gives you a longer-lasting full feeling that can help stave off cravings for foods high in sugar and fat.
3. Whey pairs well with workouts. Protein shakes can also help you burn calories more effectively. Though they can be made of soy or casein powder, protein shakes most commonly consist of whey combined with flavoring and blended with ice and water into a milkshake-like consistency. Why whey, which Ms. Muffet relied on to shape her tuffet? Because it dissolves easily in water and functions as a complete protein, meaning it contains all nine amino acids essential to human health. One of the chief jobs of amino acids is to repair and build muscle, so whey can help make muscle leaner—which means a faster metabolic rate and an increased ability to burn calories.
4. Protein shakes are not a substitute for healthy eating. Merely increasing your protein intake—whether it’s via shakes or whole foods—will not lead to weight loss alone. As always, an effective weight-loss program combines healthy eating and exercise.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. New customers only. Must sign waiver. Consultation required; non-candidates and other refund requests will be honored before service provided. Appointment required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Weekly meals not valid towards pre-made meals. Weekly meals are not to exceed $84. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.