Student films are the harbingers of cinematic trends to come, unlike student fashions, which are the harbingers of embarrassing pants failures. Lay the future of film bare with today's deal. Purchase one of the following Groupons to Campus MovieFest, the world's largest student-film festival, at the Wynn Hotel:
- $29 for a ticket to the final 16 films on June 12 (a $75 value)
- $12 for a ticket to the College Battle of the Bands Finale on June 11 (a $25 value)
- $49 for one all-access weekend pass for June 10–13 (a $199 value)
The finale of Campus MovieFest features screenings of more than 250 student films; industry workshops; guest appearances by directors, actors, and screenwriters such as Mark Boal and John Ortiz; and the national grand finale of the College Battle of the Bands. All student movies were made in just one week and span the entire country, drawing around 75,000 participants. Bus explosions and spontaneous implosions are left for hubris-heaped Hollywood as these low-to-no-budget films explore the full spectrum of film, from comedy to drama to llama. The $29 ticket avails you of the final 16 films, beginning at 8 p.m. on Saturday, featuring door prizes, guest presenters, and awards for the winners.
If your ears are willing but your pupils were recently dilated, grab the $12 deal and hit the finale of the College Battle of the Bands at Tryst Nightclub. After the head-to-head competition from 6–9 p.m. on Friday, the winner will be announced and let loose to reign over the college-band kingdom—until graduation.
To sharpen the knives of your mind on the whetstone on the gamut of youthful imagination, grab the all-access pass and head to the Wynn for a full weekend of sights and sounds. Check the schedule for the full chronological listing of events. The $49 weekend pass covers everything you can stuff into your sensory organs, both aural and visual, as well as the top-secret closing events on Sunday, June 13.
The Groupon for the all-access pass does not include entry into invite-only events.
- Campus MovieFest is a key player in breaking those roadblocks down for the young, aspiring filmmaker. – Nicole Burron, LA2DAY
- …the goal of Campus MovieFest is to showcase the next generation of moviemakers and empower people to share their stories with the world. – Ashley Yarbrough, Sonoma State Star
- …the most important aspect and the one that the founders of Campus MovieFest want to emphasize the most is that the festival is all about fun. – Nancy Thanki, Technique
3131 Las Vegas Blvd. S
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109Get Directions