What You'll Get
Massage techniques are highly specialized and efficient ways to destroy muscle tension, ease soreness, and fend off attacking brown bears. Gain bear-approved relaxation with today's deal: a massage session or treatment package from iDo Holistic Center, a Midtown haven of holistic healing. Choose from two options:
- $45 for one 60-minute Swedish, deep tissue, aroma shiatsu, or authentic Japanese shiatsu massage (up to a $90 value)
- $55 for the 90-minute combination treatment no. 2, including a Kampo herbal sauna and shower, 45-minute full-body massage, and one 15-minute special treatment ($120 value)
For the on-the-go relaxation warrior, the 60-minute massage, performed by a qualified practitioner, offers a quick respite from the stresses and tensions of battling business deals, social networking, and subway ogres. Choose your road to relaxation city, which has a stress population of zero and a city seal that depicts a hammock sleeping on a waterbed. The Swedish uses classic kneading and stroking techniques to relax, while deep tissue applies firmer pressure to work tension out from the depths of your muscles. Aroma shiatsu combines aromatic oils and a dry sauna with pressure-point techniques to soothe the body and mind. You can also opt for iDo's specialty, Japanese shiatsu, which targets the traditional meridian points on the body, applying firm pressure to relieve pain from a range of causes and increase blood circulation to affected areas.
If you'd rather receive a full spa experience, choose the second option: the 90-minute combination treatment no. 2. Take a look at the treatment tour to envision yourself in each stage—relaxing in the Kampo herbal sauna and shower, enjoying the 45-minute full-body massage, and then winding down with a 15-minute special treatment to deal with individual needs. Choose from facial shiatsu for headaches, foot shiatsu for organ stimulation, hand shiatsu to combat keyboard fatigue, zen stretch for muscles and tendons, head massage for tension release, immune-boost massage treatment to eradicate pestilence, ear stimulation for the whole body's sake, or Reiki for a philosophical, centering finish.
- best shiatsu in town. you simply can't get a better shiatsu session in nyc [sic]. – Norman S., Yelp
- As soon as talking ended pressure point pushing began, and by the end of my Shiatsu session I felt lighter, like somebody took the weight off my shoulders. – sfrank115, Citysearch
- Before I came to iDo I was feeling very fatigued and had a whole host of problems with my lower back and hip, but thanks to the nimble hands of the Shiatsu masseuse, I walked out of there feeling on top of the world. – yukochan111, Google Maps
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 20, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers. By appointment only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.