Massage techniques are highly specialized and efficient ways to destroy muscle tension, ease soreness, and fend off attacking brown bears. Gain bear-approved relaxation with today's deal for a massage session or treatment package at iDo Holistic Center, a Midtown haven of holistic healing. Choose from three options:
- $45 for one 60-minute authentic Japanese shiatsu, deep tissue, aroma shiatsu, or Swedish massage (up to a $95 value)
- $55 for the 90-minute combination treatment no. 2, including a Kampo herbal sauna and shower, 45-minute full-body massage, and one 15-minute special treatment ($120 value)
- $65 for the 105-minute combination treatment no. 3, including a Kampo herbal sauna and shower, 60-minute full-body massage, one 15-minute special treatment, and complimentary herbal sake ($135 value)
For the on-the-go relaxation warrior, the 60-minute massage, performed by a qualified practitioner, offers a quick respite from the stresses and tensions of daily life. Choose your road to relaxation city, which has a stress population of zero and a city seal that depicts a hammock sleeping on a waterbed. iDo's specialty, Japanese shiatsu, targets the traditional meridian points on the body, applying firm pressure to relieve pain from a range of causes and increase blood circulation to affected areas. You can also opt for the Swedish, which uses classic kneading and stroking techniques to relax, while deep tissue applies firmer pressure to work tension out from the depths of your muscles. Aroma shiatsu combines aromatic oils and a dry sauna with pressure-point techniques to soothe the body and mind.
If you'd rather receive a full spa experience, choose another option: the 90-minute combination treatment no. 2 or the 105-minute combination treatment no. 3. Take a look at the treatment tour to envision yourself in each stage—relaxing in the Kampo herbal sauna and shower, enjoying the full-body massage, and then winding down with a 15-minute special treatment to deal with individual needs. Choose from facial shiatsu for headaches, foot shiatsu for organ stimulation, hand shiatsu to combat keyboard fatigue, zen stretch for muscles and tendons, head massage for tension release, immune-boost massage treatment to eradicate pestilence, ear stimulation for the whole body's sake, or Reiki for a philosophical, centering finish. Currently commemorating the 10-year anniversary of its location on 45th Street, iDo Holistic Center is also opening a new location at 22 E. 49th St. in February of this year.
As of June 21, 2011, the 45th Street location has closed.
- This hidden gem on the east side of 45th Street is worth a trip to relax your mind and soothe your tense muscles. I found the experience very serene and suggest this spa highly to people who want a great massage in a peaceful environment. – Christina J., Yelp
- …by the end of my Shiatsu session I felt lighter, like somebody took the weight off my shoulders. Since my session at Ido things that used to bother me don't seem as important or time consuming as they once did, which is awesome. – sfrank115, Citysearch
22 E. 49th St.
New York, New York 10017Get Directions