Pasta became a staple of Italian fare after Emperor Caligula famously elevated a plate of lasagna to the Roman Senate. Feast on political recipes with today’s Groupon to Il Tartufo. Choose from the following options:
- For $25, you get an Italian dinner for two (up to a $56 total value), which includes the following:
- One appetizer (up to a $10 value)
Two entrees (up to a $23 value each)
- For $48, you get an Italian dinner for four (up to a $112 total value), which includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to a $10 value each)
Four entrees (up to a $23 value each)
- For $69, you get an Italian dinner for six (up to a $168 total value), which includes the following:
- Three appetizers (up to a $10 value each)
- Six entrees (up to a $23 value each)
Chefs adorn Il Tartufo’s crisp white tablecloths with plates of house-made pastas and tender meats from a menu of elegant Italian cuisine. Attentive servers begin the gustatory parade with appetizers such as artichokes painted with garlic and olive oil, homemade mozzarella studded with colorful tomatoes and basil, and fire trucks decorated like a giant papier-mâché bruschetta. Homemade potato gnocchi wears a mantle of velvety four-cheese sauce, and a medley of seafood bubbles with arborio rice in plates of rich risotto. Nimble hands deal up veal Monte Carlo style, slicing tender medallions with apples and arugula before drizzling the dish in a light brandy sauce and slipping it into a loaded deck of baccarat cards.
Sit by one of the bistro’s picture windows to watch Manayunk shoppers bustle by, or hole up toward the back and try to blend in with framed photographs. On fine days, the staff opens broad umbrellas and pulls tables out onto the sidewalk to give the dining-room floor room to breathe and get a massage.
4341 Main St.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19127