Trained fitness instructors teach a variety of classes including cardio kickboxing, Zumba, boot camp, and chair dance fitness
What You'll Get
- 20 Class Punch Card
- One Month Unlimited Classes for One Person
- One Month Unlimited Classes For Two People
Three Things to Know About Kickboxing
Kickboxing is a popular form of competitive fighting, but it really encompasses many different combat disciplines. Read on to learn more about this martial arts—and fitness—mainstay.
1. Kickboxing is many disciplines in one, incorporating moves and techniques from many martial arts. Punches, kicks, elbows, clinches, and takedowns are all fair game. As such, styles can vary widely among martial-arts purists, boxers, and fighters who work to cultivate a unique approach.
2. Its versatility translates well to fitness. Kickboxing balances upper- and lower-body flexibility with cardiovascular exercise, making for an effective full-body workout. Practitioners also get the benefit of learning self-defense techniques, getting a leg up on their peers who only know how to chuck a treadmill at an attacker.
3. It’s not that old. Kickboxing is quite popular in Thailand, which is also home to Muay Thai—a form of boxing, practiced as a regulated sport since the late 19th century, in which fighters don gloves and other pads. In 1966, a Japanese karate promoter became infatuated with Muay Thai—and particularly the full-contact striking that’s not allowed in karate—and saw an opportunity to blend the styles. He prepared three karate fighters to take on Muay Thai specialists, and the competition was fierce enough to inspire the birth, a few years later, of kickboxing as an organized sport.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required. Must sign waiver. Subject to availability. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Includes chair dance fitness, kickboxing, boot camp classes, & zumba. Please arrive 15 minutes early to register. Classes held Monday-Friday 9am, 5pm, 6pm, & 7:15pm. Saturdays at 9am. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Impact Kickboxing & Fitness
At Impact Kickboxing & Fitness, there's a mural on the wall with this simple quote: Don't put in half of the effort unless you're OK with half of the results." And so the gym offers results-oriented classes that whip clients into shape, including cardio kickboxing, Zumba, and boot camp. Rows of punching bags await exercisers, with classes open to men, women, and teens.