To spice up a dance routine, professionals will wear bedazzling outfits or substitute their partner for a burlap sack filled with fireworks attached to a timer. Go for the pros with today's Groupon to Imperial Dance Studio. Choose between the following options:
- For $6, you get one group lesson (a $12 value).
- For $18, you get three group lessons (a $36 total value).
- For $49, you get an introductory dance package (a $201 total value). The package includes:
- Two private lessons (an $80 value each)
- Two group lessons (a $17 value each)
- Admission to one practice party (a $7 value)
Experienced instructor Maria Alvarez leads solo hoofers or fleet-footed pairs through the steps, forms, and customs of more than 15 styles of dance. Private lessons—each lasting 50 toe-tapping minutes—cater to the ability of each individual student or couple, and the one-on-one interaction allows for the speedier learning of steps and the secret fox-trot handshake. Group lessons, which are usually composed of 10–30 participants, encourage students to boogie down with multiple dance partners, and each group outing focuses on a few steps. Newly acquired fancy footwork comes in handy at the monthly studio parties, in which students test out their skills in a fun social setting. Movement-friendly duds should be worn to classes, and more semiformal threads, such as dresses or tuxedo T-shirts, are welcome at the parties. All events require footwear with clean soles.
3550 SW 34th St.
Gainesville, Florida 32608